Saturday, September 12, 2015

Skies are clearing! Breeze is blowing, time for a walk!

Finally...the skies are clearing of the dust (only a tinge of haze remained today), and the blistering heat was only moderate (instead of severe) today...And there's actually a refreshing breeze tonight (hooray!!) The RELIEF is wonderful...just in time for Rosh Hashana tomorrow evening:)  Took a few pics on a couple different walks today:
Walking up (and up and up) toward Jaffa Gate. Gonna go meet Simantov and Linda for coffee at Christ's Church Coffeeshop!  The sky is BLUE! (instead of hazy yellow, a definite improvement)

Entering the Old City through Jaffa Gate

How about some fresh baked Jerusalem bread?? I wanted to grab some off his head...

Jewish man on his way somewhere....

Walked past the entrance to the David's Tower Museum, Israeli flags flying up there on the tower..,

Here I am at Christ's Church....this is a very nice evangelical church, located just inside Jaffa Gate.

There were no services going on, so I walked on into the church to snap a couple pics. I love the stained glass windows...If you look close at the Olive trees - you see roots/branches that are cut off, branches graft in...sound familiar? This church has always embraced the Jewish roots of our faith...

Sanctuary of Christ's Church, Jerusalem

Sitting at the outdoor patio/coffee shop with Simantov, on the left...then LeeAnn, a worship leader from Virginia stops by to chat, and the guy on the right is from Scotland....always new people to meet and I love it!!

Me with Linda and Simantov, such good dear friends:) (For those who don't know Simantov, he was recently in Brunswick and met with quite a few people, he has spoken at CGIHOP before... He made Aliyah to Israel 17 years ago from Canada, although he was born in Israel, and both his parents were survivors of the holocaust)

Now I'm starting the walk down Mount Zion (where JUC is) down into the valley, on my way to Succat Hallel.

Down in the Ben Hinnom Valley

Looking across the Ben Hinnom up to Mount Zion (where I just walked from)...our school buildings are the ones just to the right of the bell tower...

Walking home from Succat Hallel now (just finished a glorious 2 hour worship watch:), dusk is falling, am climbing back up Mount Zion, again looking across the valley.

Sun is setting right NOW...looking toward Yemin Moshe, love that windmill...Hope I'm in time for dinner....

1 comment:

  1. SO love all the pics and narratives! Thanks for taking the time to share your adventures! Can close my eyes and see myself right there! Off to Edith's for some pre Rosh HaShannah fellowship and then to the synagogue tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete